Wednesday, November 5, 2014

2015 Color Coded Challenge


The Color Coded Challenge seems to be as popular as ever, so we're going to give it another go. This year I'm going to open things up a bit more--the color may either be named in the title or it may appear as the dominant color for the cover of the book. For "implies color" the image implying color should dominate the cover--for instance a large rainbow, a field of flowers, or the image of a painter.  Get ready for a rainbow of reading in 2015.

Here are the rules:


*Read nine books in the following categories.
1. A book with "Blue" or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title/on the cover.
2. A book with "Red" or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc) in the title/on the cover.
3. A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
4. A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title/on the cover.
5. A book with "Brown" or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title/on the cover.
6. A book with "Black" or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title/on the cover.
7. A book with "White" or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc) in the title/on the cover.
8. A book with any other color in the title/on the cover (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.).
9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).

* Any book read from January 1 through December 31, 2015 will count.
*Crossovers with other challenges are fine.

*Everyone who completes all nine categories will be entered in a year-end drawing for a book-related prize package.

*Please post about the challenge on your blog. Sign ups accepted until Nov 4, 2015.

*Please sign up using the Linky below. Give your name & blog (Example: Bev @ My Reader's Block) and use a direct link to your challenge post as your url. Please don't connect to just your home page.  Links to a list on GoodReads or other social media sites are also acceptable.

*Please use the Review Headquarters Page (sidebar link coming in January) to post review links and a final wrap-up post when you finish the challenge.  [Reviews are not required--but I would love to see what you think about the books that you've read if you do review.]

*No blog or GoodReads site? That's okay. Post a comment here to announce your entry into the challenge and when you have completed the challenge just post a comment at the review site with a list of your books.





19 comments:

Jamie Ghione said...

Hi, I'm doing this one again. it's always so fun.

Bev Hankins said...

Glad you enjoy it! And welcome back!

Book Dragon said...

I did it the first time I tried but haven't been able to again. Maybe this year! Thanks for hosting

BooksPlease said...

I'll be doing this again this year - even though I may not finish this year's challenge.

Thanks for hosting.

Margaret

Adriana @ BooksOnHerMind said...

New to this challenge. I've got everything planned out so hopefully that works in my favor.

Bev Hankins said...

Welcome, Adriana! Glad to have you joining in!

Alex @ The Blethering Bookworm said...

This looks great fun. It will have me thinking about what books I pick up which is always a good thing as it stops me from getting bored :) I'm in. :)

iWonderWoman said...

I'm so in! I love a good book challenge and am obsessed with color so this is perfect!

neer said...

Hi Bev, I am signing up for it once again but had a question regarding colour words in non-European languages. Would they be allowed too?

Abi said...

Yaayyyy...my favorite challenge! This year I hope to add my reviews as well.

fredamans said...

I love having color in my life. I'm back again! Thanks for hosting!

Unknown said...

I would like to join.

Anja K. said...

Hi Bev, I have a quick question - is it OK to use ARCs from NetGalley (etc.) as books for this challenge? If not I have plenty of options, I was just wondering. Thanks!

Bev Hankins said...

Anja: Absolutely! The only challenge I host that will generally not recognize ARCs is my Mount TBR challenge.

Audra Marie said...

Thanks for hosting this challenge. I can't wait to get going. :)

Jamie Ghione said...

Ok, I am done now!

http://jannghi.blogspot.com/2014/11/colro-coded-reading-challenge-2015.html

Jamie Ghione said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
List Addict said...

Hello - Thanks so much for hosting this challenge. I always love finding new ones!! I'm joining a tad late and I have included my sign up in my catch up of all the challenges I am doing this year - I hope this is okay. Happy and colourful reading to you all!!

Charlie
Fur Earwig

Jamie Ghione said...

Will you be doing this again for 2016? I always love doing this one.