Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Solo Disappointment

Picked up another Batya Gur book at the library. Having enjoyed Literary Murder so much, I was expecting a good read with Murder Duet. Um, not so much. From the way the blurb read, I thought I would be reading the next in the series...but found that this one takes place sometime before LM. I don't like Michael (the protaganist of the series) in this one. I don't know what happened to him in between these two stories, but he's much more appealing and interesting in LM. And the story just didn't hold my interest. One of the few times I've not finished a book. But as I get older (and have less time in front of me), I've added my own rider to the phrase "So many books, so little time"...."to waste any of it on books I don't care for."

Will start The Inheritance by Simon Tolkien (grandson of J. R. R. Tolkien) today. It's got a dead Oxford historian...that's gotta be good.


No comments: