Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Blog Hops

Hosted by Java at Never Growing Old

From Java's blog:
Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club!
Please join in the fun and get to know your fellow bloggers!!




And since it's Friday again that mean's it's time for the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Crazy-For-Books. It's a time to talk about blogging and book topics and to venture out on the internet and visit other blogs. Visit the link to join in.

This week's question: What is the one bookish thing you would love to have, no matter what the cost?

Oh, that's an easy one. My own personal library--I would love to build on to the back of our house and have the library extend all along the back. Floor-to-ceiling bookcases with one of those lovely rolling ladders to reach to the top shelves, bookcases all in cherry, at least one deep window seat with plenty of cushions (not because th view is all that great, but just because I've always wanted a window seat to curl up and read in), and plenty of comfy chairs when I get tired of the window seat.

5 comments:

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

I'm a library dreamer too -- one day!!

Here's my Hop: Coffee and a Book Chick -- Blog Hop...

~ Babs ~ said...

Hello I am a new follower and of course wishing for my own room in the house for a library all my own. We can dream :).

The World of Book Reviews

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I'm with you on your dreams, there. I didn't get that specific on the furnishings in mine, but definitely cherry wood and a window seat.

Once upon a time in another version of my life, I had a house with a guesthouse that I remodeled and created two window seats...now why did I sell that house? LOL

Oh, yeah, I remember...money!

Ah, to create our dreams and not worry about money...

Here's what I wrote:

Click on my name for the link....

Marce said...

I'm a new follower, love to find more Mystery reading bloggers.

Here is my post.

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-hop-inspiration-for-my-libraryart.html

KIKA said...

Oh my goodness, I too have ALWAYS wanted a window seat to curl up and read in! LOL ever since I was little I've always thought whenever I saw one, "Now THAT'S a place for reading" :)

and rolling ladders for the bookshelves? *sigh* yes yes yes!!!

Hopping on through and am now a follower :) Loving the blog!

http://www.geekybloggersbookblog.com/