Saturday, November 13, 2010

Top Five Sunday: Books That Shoud Be Movies



Every week Larissa's Bookish Life hosts the Top 5 Sundays meme. Here's what you need to do:

1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme she chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention Larissa's blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Feel free to use the Feature's image
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.

5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)

This week’s theme is Top Five Books That Should Be Made Into Movies!

1. The Lord Peter Wimsey books by Dorothy L Sayers. Now, I KNOW that the most of early books were done with Ian Carmichael in the role of Wimse
y and then three of the Lord Peter/Harriet Vane books were done with Edward Petherbridge in the starring role. But these books have never been done right. By that, I mean starting with Whose Body? and ending with Busman's Honeymoon (neither of which have been properly filmed).


2. Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series. I'm not big on paranormal, but I absolutely love Lady Alexia!


3. Edmund Cripin's mysteries with Gervase Fen. I'm a
sucker for academic mysteries.


4. Kerry Greenwood's mysteries with Phryne Fi
sher--the grown-up's Nancy Drew.


5. The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl. I don't care if an
y of his other books get made into movies (I didn't like them so well), but the Dante book is brilliant.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

From what I heard about the Parasol Protectorate series I would agree that it would be an interesting movie.

Marce said...

Hmmm I wonder if I will enjoy GailC books, you have me intrigued.

BookQuoter said...

I think I have to read all these books first, is what I need to do!! They all sound great.

Unknown said...

cool list! I dont know most of the books you listed, but OMG Soulless as a movie would be awesome! =D