Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday Snapshot February 19


Saturday Snapshot is a meme hosted by Alyce at At Home with Books. All you have to do is "post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mr. Linky on [her] blog. Photos can be old or new, and be of anything as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give is up to you." All she asks is that you don't just post random photos that you find online.



This photo was taken by my son for one of his Photography class assignments. I love how he set up his Star Trek model with the lighting behind it.

13 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Your son did a great job! It even looks like it's sitting on another planet!

Alyce said...

I don't think I would have guessed that it was a Star Trek model on my own, but now it seems so obvious that's what it is. :) It does look like sunrise on a barren planet.

Helen's Book Blog said...

I like that the rug has great texture for the photo

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

That is fantastic! At first glance I thought it was a bird feeder in the snow.... now I see it has an alien quality to it :)

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

The lighting is great and the background exactly like the surface of a planet, although it did need you to point out what it was before I 'got it'.

He is sure to get some good marks for the project, if lighting and atmosphere, was the main criteria

Yvonne

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, it is so artfully creative...Love it!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Yvonne said...

Very good photo! The lighting is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Very creative. Your son did an amazing job!

Shari Green said...

Wow, that's very cool! The lighting is awesome -- really draws you to look closely at the photo.

Col (Col Reads) said...

Cool!

Tasha said...

Very cool. My first thought, when all I could see was the top half of the photo was: praying mantis.

Jenners said...

It has a very intense and dramatic look! I wasn't sure what it was until you said though. At first I thought it was a chair out on a lawn at night with a spotlight shining on it!

Sharon said...

This is a very creative photo, lots of interest and texture.