Thursday, June 2, 2011

Theme Thursday: Colors


Hosted by Reading Between the Pages

Rules
*A theme will be posted each week on Thursday
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from your current book that features the theme
*Post it and don't forget to mention the author and title of the book
*Event is open for the whole week
*Link back to Reading Between thePage

This week's theme is Colors. Here is my selection (unfortunately, not very exciting) from The Caravaggio Books by Bernard Peterson (p. 213):

On his was back to his office he stopped by at Macy Underwood's stationery cabinet, got a new yellow legal pad, and told her he didn't want to be disturbed for a while.

He sat down at his desk, pulled the pad towards him and wrote at the head of the top sheet the question that he still felt was the fulcrum of this case's solution and his best starting point: What came to light between Tuesday morning and Wednesday night that would make Hilda Robertson's killer so fearful that he would kill again to keep it suppressed?"


Peterson isn't real big on descriptions and seems to have a thing about not telling the reader what color anything is. I didn't notice that until I saw today's theme....I was beginning to think I wasn't going to find any colors in the book I was reading.

3 comments:

fredamans said...

You found a good one though.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/06/theme-thursdays-colors.html

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks, Freda. I think that's only because I added that second paragraph, though.

kavyen said...

Inspite of the fact that you struggled to find something with colors, I think you did really well. The passage is a good one though there is very little color in it. :)