Thursday, December 27, 2012

Book to Movie Challenge

BookToMovie

Katie at Doing Dewey is hosting her first ever reading challenge, the 2013 Book to Movie Challenge. The mission, should you choose to accept it, is to review books and the movies which they’ve been made into. 


To enter, just click through to the linky at the bottom of the Challenge post (link above) and link to a post on your blog mentioning the challenge and the challenge level you’re attempting. You can change challenge levels at any time and the challenge levels are listed at the site. Here is my chosen level:
 
Movie Fan - read 3 books and watch their movies

I will read (and watch) at least three of the following:

1. Mary Poppins by P. L. Travers (3/11/13)
2. The Lady Vanishes by Ethel Lina White (3/17/13)
3. 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff (3/20/13) 



4. The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson/The Haunting 1963 film (10/7/13)
5. Death in the Air (aka Death in the Clouds) by Agatha Christie (8/5/13)
6. The African Queen by C. S. Forester (4/6/13)

Bonus: The Maltese Falcon by Dashielle Hammett [read last year, but read a pastiche called Hammett Unwritten by Owen Fitzstephen (Gordon McAlpine) and will watch the movie as well as link up last year's review]


IF I manage to do all of these, then I'll upgrade to Movie Devotee--but I'm gonna start small. Black Widow may be difficult to find in movie form (1954 production date). [Addendum--managed to find Black Widow--but couldn't finish the movie.  Replaced it with The African Queen.]



4 comments:

DoingDewey said...

Wow, you may have to demote me from running this challenge, as I had no idea Mary Poppins was based on a book! I'm not sure how I missed that, haha. This looks like a fun list. Thanks for joining the challenge :)

Bev Hankins said...

Katie: You're doing fine with the challenge! We don't expect you to know every movie that started out as book! (Besides, if I demote you, you might make me take over--and I've got my hands full with 4 challenges as it is :-) ).

DoingDewey said...

Thanks Bev! I guess I'll just have to enjoy learning as I go :)

DoingDewey said...

Hey Bev, I just wanted to let you know that I've made an inlinkz for everyone to share their reviews and keep up with each other :) It's available in this post.