Monday, June 10, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.
I've been off the bandwagon for a little while...between a vacation and then a trip home for Dad medical emergency (he's doing well now) I just didn't get much posting done beyond reviews. So this list represents about four week's worth of reading (still not near what needs to get done if I'm to meet all those challenges I've signed up for)....

Books Read (click on titles for review): 
Murder as a Fine Art by David Morrell  
Finding Camlann by Sean Pidgeon 
Sleep No More by Margaret Erskine
Death at Crane's Court by Eilis Dillon 
Cocaine Blues by Kerry Greenwood
The Curse of the Bronze Lamp by Carter Dickson
Miss Silver Deals With Death by Patricia Wentworth 
The Secret History by Donna Tartt
How Not to Murder Your Grumpy by Carol E. Wyer 
The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes
Murder on Safari by Elspeth Huxley
The Girl in the Green Raincoat by Laura Lippman


Currently Reading: 
The Riddle of the Sands by Erskine Childers: considered the first modern spy thriller, is recognizable as the brilliant forerunner of the realism of Graham Greene and John le Carre. Its unique flavor comes from its fine characterization, richly authentic background of inshore sailing and vivid evocation of the late 1890s - an atmosphere of mutual suspicion and intrigue that was soon to lead to war.

   
Books that spark my interest:
The Hollow Chest by Alice Tilton
Andersen's Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen
Break Any Woman Down by Dana Johnson
Death in Zanzibar by M. M. Kaye
Murder Within Murder by Frances & Richard Lockridge   
The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton (only because I need it for challenges...I was uninspired when I tried it a month or so ago....)

5 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Glad to have you back! You have read quite a few books!

Bettina Grissen said...

You read quite a lot of books, and I see some very interesting titles. I read your father is doing better, I am happy for you, nothing so awful as a familymember you love being ill.

Have a good week & kind regards,

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Enjoy your reading! Hope you're feeling better and more rested after your stresses.

Here's MY MONDAY READING POST

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of reading to me...good luck with your challenges!

Elizabeth said...

Wow on the number of books you read - that is great!!

The Riddle of the Sands looks good to me.

ENJOY your week.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My It's Monday!! What are You Reading?