Monday, June 17, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.
 
I'm back at it...nice and regular.  Here's this week's offering:
 

Books Read (click on titles for review): 
The Riddle of the Sands by Erskine Childers 
Murder Within Murder by Frances & Richard Lockridge
Break Any Woman Down by Dana Johnson

Currently Reading: 
The Chinese Parrot by Earl Derr Biggers: The story concerns a valuable string of pearls which is purchased by a wealthy and eccentric financier. The handsome young son of the jeweller is assigned to shepherd the transfer of the pearls to the financier's vacation home in a desert area of California. Because of his long association with the owner of the pearls—before joining the police force, he was her houseboy—Charlie Chan travels from Hawaii to California with the pearls. After two mysterious deaths, first of a Chinese-speaking parrot and then of the household's Chinese man-of-all-work, Charlie Chan masquerades as a cook named Ah Kim and works undercover to solve the crimes.

   
Books that spark my interest:
The Hollow Chest by Alice Tilton
Andersen's Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen
Death in Zanzibar by M. M. Kaye
The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton (only because I need it for challenges...I was uninspired when I tried it a month or so ago....)
 

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

All your books sound good. ENJOY!!

I enjoy murders. LOL!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

Julie said...

Oh, gosh! THANK you! I'm not the ONLY one who has tried and put down The Age of Innocence (I need it for a challenge as well). I think I'll try again when I've had a great spell of at least 2-3 wonderful reads in a row.